Monday, October 11, 2010

Yummy Cheesecake

This week my husband cellabrated his 40th birthday, no we did not have a party or anything like that as he has a major aversion to parties, especially for birthdays, so it was just us. But I wanted to make him a nice cake and as cheesecakes are his favourite, I went looking for a recipe but couldn't find anything that looked right for the occasion, so I made this one up as bounty bars are also another favourite.

BOUNTY BAR CHEESECAKE

1pkt Timtams
1 pkt cream cheese
250g riccotta
5 tbs castor sugar
1/2 tin coconut cream
4 eggs
12 fun size bounty bars, chopped into 2 or 3 bits

Crush the timtams and spread over the base of a springform tin, I sat the tin over the heater for a few minutes to melt the chocolate a bit then put it in the fridge to set.
Mix the cheeses, sugar and coconut cream together till smooth, then add the eggs and finally fold in the bounty bars. Pour over the base and bake in a slow oven for about an hour or till just set. Take out and cool and top with a dark chocolate ganache.

Sorry I didn't think about photos til it was too late. But the next day was Kaths 16th birthday and she asked for the all time favourite birthday cake in our house, and I did take photos of that so that post is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment