Monday, October 11, 2010

A hectic week

As the title suggests, we have had a very busy week. Mark and I were asked to milk for the week at a farm about 1/2 an hour away. It is situated in the most beautiful valley, almost as beautiful as ours. And it was a joy to go there even though it was very tiring as we had to come home between milkings to care for our own farm. We organised with our new neighbours to take the girls to the bus each day. This was not something that we wanted to do but is a way of breaking the ice and getting to know them a bit better. Hopefully today we will get a chance to make them a batch of cupcakes to say thank you.

I was just reading the post on A Wise Woman about the womans place in the kitchen, what  a wonderful encouragement, during this week away the girls all put in and did the cooking of the evening meal, which is such a great learning experience for them, but my heart aches that I am not able to be there to help or maybe just oversee, what a joy it is for me to come back to my kitchen and be able to cook yummy and nutritious food for my family. I feel like this is where I am supposed to be. Dont get me wrong it is a joy to see my children do the same, and to know that they are capable of holding thir own in the kitchen, even the ones who don't particularly like cooking.

Another thing that has made my week busier was organising a soap stall at a sustainability fair in Wodonga, I had thought it was in about 2 weeks, but when I checked it is this weekend. So now I have to get busy making labels and business cards. Hopefully I will be able to get some photos up in a post next weekend, and really start getting back into selling the soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment