Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cheese and sourdough

I just realized that I had uploaded these photos to write a blog post, the date is a month ago, so I had better start typing. So I can put up some more posts, I seem to have hundreds of ideas in my head, I just don't have the time. I have been learning how to make cheese. Sarah and I did a one day cheese making course at Laurel hill Forest Lodge. Our instructor said that we should put a day a week aside to make cheese, so when I got home I got online and ordered my starters, rennet, mould, thermometer. I got some dairy sanitiser and went to work. First I set up the bowl with sanitiser and a bowl with cool boiled water, then made up some starter culture. My bench was looking crowded. Then I went to work pastuerizing the milk, I did three lots one for camembert, one for haloumi, and one for caerphilly. I was wanting to make cheeses for christmas.



This is boiling the when to cook the haloumi.


The haloumi just before I put it in the hot whey.


Camembert draining


Caerphilly draining


The next mornings breakfast. Fried Haloumi.....


Fresh from the oven, stond ground whole wheat sour dough bread.......


And fresh free range organic scrambled eggs. Can breakfast get much better.


Hopefully it wont take me long to get up some photos of the finished cheeses and some more sour dough treats that I made for christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment